Monday, July 03, 2006

Smoke and Mirrors.


As the curtains parted and the countless rows of bloodthirsty self-righteous onlookers were unleashed upon me, my small, startled form shook with uncontrollable fear. My whole being was up for judgment; placed high on a platform under a spotlight, sentenced to be dissected to death. But as I stood there, preparing myself for the inevitable last release of breath, I realized the TRUTH. I felt the flow, the rhythm: my path was clear. Joy spiralled in from all directions; tears poured forth with vigour as some unknown force siphoned into my being. My eyes set forward, seeing with an unfamiliar confidence that had nearly been lost forever. Cold as crystal and warm as a lover's hand, my soul was re-united with the elements it had sprung from at the beginning of time. My limbs seethed with control, sinews clenched with newfound strength. Jaw opening I found myself screaming with a passion so foreign it was a re-birth of all that was once good inside of me. My feet left the floor, I soared over all the meaningless, lifeless, uninteresting fools who had done the least they could to help. I will never ease up, and I will not be fooled again.

RJD2 - Smoke and Mirrors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home